GAB_4917_res_mix

Friends! Friends! Friends! We all have friends, good or bad, we have them. This post is dedicated to all my friends. Some friends you get them with your family, some with your other half, some you just have. In time, you lose some and gain others, but some, stay with you in good times and bad times. They help you, give you advice and they are there for you when you need them.

THANK YOU! Thank you all!

I promised I make this recipe a few months ago. I tried it before so it goes well when I will make it for our friends. It is an easy recipe.

This is one of the recipes that all our moms know how to do it. I remember my mom making it when I was a little girl and we couldn't get meat very often. So our parents used almost everything from chicken.

Ingredients:

  • 500 g chicken hearts and gizzards
  • 1 big red onion cut in small pieces
  • 3 garlic cloves cut in small slices
  • 1 teaspoon mustard
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • 3 tablespoons oil
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • Fresh parsley

Directions:

Clean the hearts and the gizzards with cold water. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat and then add the onion, the garlic and the mustard. Sauté for 5 minutes until the onion is translucent. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in the hearts, the gizzards and the chicken broth. Bring the cooking to a simmer and then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer gently till the hearts and gizzards are almost cooked.

Add parsley on top and you are ready.

This is the original recipe. I served it mine with melted cedar cheese on top of it and with my special red chili jam. It was a delight!!!!

Enjoy!

GAB_4923_res_mix

Published by CookingWithoutLimits

Hi. My name is Gabi and I am a professional photographer, a new mom and a wife. I wanna learn to cook healthy food for my little one, so I made this blog to share my cooking experiments with everyone. It's gone be a long and a bumpy ride but a funny one, so stay tune for news and enjoy my ride. View all posts by CookingWithoutLimits